New Dawn Guest Home
As the largest non-profit, private healthcare provider on Cape Breton Island, the quality of life of our residents is the driving factor of the dedication of New Dawn Guest Home staff.
We are a 29-bed (with one respite bed), Level One, residential care facility providing personalized and professional care in a bright, comfortable setting for people with a variety of disabilities in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Residential Care Worker or Disability Support Worker or Continue Care Worker
- Follow standards as set in the New Dawn Guest Home Policy and Procedure Manual in regard to Medication Administration.
- Charting to ensure an ongoing record of the resident’s health.
- Provide quality care.
- Provide respite care.
- Provide Emergency response—First Aid, CPR, Evacuation, Pandemic Planning.
- Valid First Aid and CPR.
- Follow Infection Control Procedure as per New Dawn Guest Home Infection Control Policy.
- Ensure the safety and security of residents.
- Although not required, assisting co-workers when possible is encouraged and appreciated.
- Clear criminal record check.
Overview of Duties:
- The Aides are responsible for the safety of the medication room and medication cart at all times. Keys for these areas are to be with the Aides on duty only.
- Follow Doctor’s orders without deviation.
- Administer medications only when given a written order.
- Daily update on the Medication Administration Records (MARS sheets).
- Preparation of medication if a resident is leaving the premises for an extended period of time.
- Follow the procedure according to the New Dawn Policy and Procedure manual for administration of medications and all policies pertaining to medication at all times.
- Ensure that all medications are reordered to avoid drug shortages.
- When medication orders expire, or no further refills are available the aide must notify the Doctor to acquire a new prescription or update Doctor’s orders.
- The Aide is responsible for the administration of “preparation orders” for specific procedures including but not limited to: Colonoscopy Exams, CT Scans, Blood Works, Colon Cancer Screening Tests, Upper GI Tests.
- Document residents’ daily activity in the “progress notes” and sign at the end of each shift.
- Accompany residents (as required) to appointments.
- Complete flow sheet for diabetics, residents with high blood pressure, etc.
- Open a resident’s chart upon admission
- Assist residents in maintaining personal hygiene.
- Respond to emergencies in the New Dawn Guest Home
- Resolve resident conflicts
- Update basic training as required.
New Dawn Enterprises believes in supporting the well-being of its employees and, in service of this, has created a compensation package for employees of New Dawn Enterprises.
Submit resume to: email@example.com