Title: Client Care Coordinator
Position Details: Full time position to commence immediately.
Geographic Location: Sydney, NS and surrounding communities.
New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. We are a private, volunteer directed business dedicated to community building. New Dawn seeks to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs.
New Dawn Homecare is currently seeking a passionate and experienced healthcare professional to fill the position of Client Care Coordinator for our growing company as we offer both home and hospital/facility-based services across the Island. This position offers an opportunity that shall impact the lives of our clients, their families and our employees in the community. The Coordinator will report to the Manager, New Dawn Homecare.
As the Client Care Coordinator, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the Manager, New Dawn Homecare with efforts to acquire clients, community partners and staff; and to support and grow our homecare business. You will spend time engaging partners, organizations and members of the community to build relationships, provide information about New Dawn Homecare services, and seek opportunities to fulfill needs for service. You will work closely with the Client Service Coordinator to ensure clients are serviced properly, shifts are filled, and client needs are met in a timely and effective manner. You will lead and promote a culture of safety and a philosophy of staff, client-and-family centered care.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Complete assessments and onboarding with all new clients/families requiring homecare services;
- Ensure documentation from assessments and onboarding is completed thoroughly and accurately;
- Staffing and scheduling changes for home-based clients;
- Communicate client requests/needs with partner organizations and client families;
- Address client concerns in a timely manner and document when appropriate;
- Make relationship management visits to all home clients and conduct in-person staff check-ins;
- Active engagement with referral partner organizations and attendance at events to ensure a community presence;
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure continuity in lines of communication;
- Assist Manager with marketing effort and staff recognition initiatives;
- Plan, schedule and deliver training for homecare staff, monthly;
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission;
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, New Dawn Homecare.
- Client-and-family-centered focus
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Attention to DetailTime Management
- Post-secondary education in business, healthcare, or related background considered an asset;
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience;
- Clear criminal background check;
- Compassion, empathy and experience working with and advocating for seniors;
- Must be able to work independently, as well as under supervision;
- Exceptional attention to detail skills required;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills;
- Must be highly organized and work well under pressure;
- Must be willing to adhere to the principles of confidentiality and to comply with all mandated training and ethical guidelines;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Must understand that client care is the focal point for success.
New Dawn Enterprises offers a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, February 28th to:
New Dawn Homecare, Attn: Manager
PO Box 1055
Sydney, NS B1P 6J7
Fax: (902) 270-8084
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
New Dawn Homecare: As Cape Breton Island’s largest private Homecare provider in our 32nd year of business, New Dawn Homecare provides a full range of support services in the comfort and convenience of client homes and in local hospitals and long-term care facilities: 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. During visits, New Dawn Homecare assists with personal care, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, meal preparation, transportation to appointments, respite and companionship, basic/advanced and diabetic foot care and in-hospital patient care.
In 2019, New Dawn Homecare achieved Accreditation with Exemplary Standing in Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. Accreditation Canada is a national organization that sets standards for quality and safety in healthcare and accredits healthcare organizations based on how well they meet those standards. The accreditation program is recognized as best in class internationally and is designed to improve client outcomes and health system performance.
To learn more, visit http://healthcare.newdawn.ca