Title: Community Relations Coordinator
Position Details: Temporary (3 month), part time (15 hours/week), contract position to commence in September 2019 with possibility for extension
Geographic Location: Strait/Richmond Area & Victoria County, Nova Scotia.
New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. We are a private, volunteer directed business dedicated to community building. New Dawn seeks to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs.
New Dawn Homecare is currently seeking a passionate and experienced healthcare professional to fill the position of Community Relations Coordinator for our rapidly growing company as we expand to offer services in the Strait/Richmond area and Victoria County. The ideal candidate resides in the Strait/Richmond area and has established connections within the community. This position offers an opportunity that shall impact the lives of our clients, their families and our employees in the community. The Coordinator will report to the Manager, New Dawn Homecare.
As the Coordinator in the Strait/Richmond area and Victoria County you will be primarily responsible for assisting the Manager, New Dawn Homecare with efforts to recruit and acquire new clients, community partners and staff; and grow our homecare business. You will spend time engaging partners, organizations and members of the community to build relationships, provide information about New Dawn Homecare services, and seek opportunities to fulfill needs for service. You will work closely with the Scheduling Coordinator to ensure clients are serviced properly, shifts are filled, and client needs are met in a timely and effective manner. You will lead and promote a culture of safety and a philosophy of staff, client-and-family centered care.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Complete assessments with all new clients/families requiring homecare services;
• Ensure new client documentation from assessments is completed thoroughly and accurately;
• Communicate client requests/needs with partner organizations and client families;
• Address client concerns in a timely manner and document when appropriate;
• Prepare client status reports as requested by families, partners and funders;
• Make relationship management visits to all home clients and conduct in-person staff check-ins;
• Liaise with stakeholders to ensure continuity in lines of communication;
• Regularly liaise with Scheduling Coordinator to ensure all client shift requests are filled and troubleshoot as necessary;
• Regularly liaise with the General Manager to ensure best care and experience possible for all clients and families;
• Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission;
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager, New Dawn Homecare.
• Client-centered focus
• Team Work
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Attention to Detail
• Time Management
• Post-secondary in education business, healthcare, or related background considered an asset;
• Minimum two years supervisory experience; • Compassion, empathy and experience working with and advocating for seniors;
• Must be able to work independently, as well as under supervision;
• Exceptional attention to detail skills required; • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
• Must be able to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills;
• Must be highly organized and work well under pressure;
• Must be willing to adhere to the principles of confidentiality and to comply with all mandated training and ethical guidelines;
• High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
• Must understand that client care is the focal point for success.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, August 30th to:
New Dawn Homecare, Attn: Manager PO Box 1055 Sydney, NS B1P 6J7
Fax: (902) 270-8084
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As Cape Breton Island’s largest private Homecare provider in our 31st year of business, New Dawn Homecare provides a full range of support services in the comfort and convenience of client homes and in local hospitals and long-term care facilities: 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. During visits, New Dawn Homecare assists with personal care, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, meal preparation, transportation to appointments, respite and companionship, basic/advanced and diabetic foot care and in-hospital patient care. In 2019, New Dawn Homecare achieved Accreditation with Exemplary Standing in Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. Accreditation Canada is a national organization that sets standards for quality and safety in healthcare and accredits healthcare organizations based on how well they meet those standards. The accreditation program is recognized as best in class internationally and is designed to improve client outcomes and health system performance.
To learn more, visit http://healthcare.newdawn.ca.