We work with clients to provide services that enable them to live an independent life in their own community and to stay at home safely and with dignity.
Our available services include: light housekeeping, meal preparation, assistance with personal care, respite care, transportation, grocery shopping, in-hospital care, foot care, blood collection and New Dawn Meals on Wheels.
Generally services can be provided within a 48-72 hour period. A home assessment visit must first be completed by our Client Care Manager. This assessment will allow you and your loved ones to review our services, discuss your needs and select the most appropriate care staff to suit your specific situation.
Yes. New Dawn Homecare will work with all of your service providers including insurance companies to ensure your ongoing access to our services.
We are committed to providing clients with the best service possible:
- All of our staff are professional, experienced and caring
- All of our staff are first aid certified and bondable
- All of our staff are fully insured through the Worker’s Compensation Board
- We offer service 24-hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year
- We conduct regular client assessments and visits to ensure client satisfaction
Yes. Our certified and experience staff include Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Continuing Care Assistants, Residential Care Workers and Medical Lab Technicians. We also employee housekeepers who come to us with cleaning and care work experience.
Yes. New Dawn Homecare will make every effort to provide clients with their preferred Caregiver. Our first priority is to ensure that all of our clients feel comfortable, safe and cared for.
Yes, our Caregivers are able to provide you with transportation for appointments and errands. You are responsible for paying mileage in addition to the hourly rate.
You can reach New Dawn Homecare 24-hours a day by calling our phone line at (902) 562-2444. There will be someone available to answer your call and questions at all times.
Yes, all shifts must be scheduled for a minimum of three hours. Shifts have a maximum of twelve hours.
Invoices detailing your services will be sent out bi-weekly for the first month and monthly for each month thereafter. Payments can be made by cheque, money order or cash.
No, our clients are not bound by a contract.
No, we are not part of any publicly funded health authority. We are a private company providing a high level of quality care to our clients and their families. However, unlike other private companies offering homecare services, 100% of profits are re-invested back into the community and into the New Dawn Enterprise family of companies.
You can speak with our Client Care Manager by calling (902) 562-2444 Ext. 2 at any time. In addition to addressing your questions, our Client Care Manager also provides:
- Free in-home assessments to discuss the client’s needs and wishes
- Regular review visits to oversee the care the client is receiving
- Regular phone calls with family and professionals as required
- Assistance with any necessary paperwork (i.e. completion of insurance forms)
- 24-hour on-call support to assist with any of your questions, requests or concerns
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way New Dawn Homecare conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to New Dawn Homecare' daily operations.
New Dawn Homecare strives to protect and respect personal information of its clients, families, employees, business partners, and so on in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of New Dawn Homecare must abide by this organization's procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing New Dawn Homecare to collect, use, and disclose the individual's personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she signs the application or form. This allows New Dawn Homecare to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant, or business partner.
New Dawn Homecare collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. New Dawn Homecare hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- To verify the client’s/customer’s identity;
- To determine the client’s/customer’s eligibility for service;
- To provide the client with care and to bill the client for that service;
- To assist us in updating the client’s credit-worthiness and the collection of accounts;
- For pre-authorized payments for services;
- To respond to the client’s inquiries about appropriate levels of care;
- To prevent fraud with respect to both the client and our company; and
- To meet legal, regulatory and settlement requirements.
New Dawn Homecare’s Privacy Management Program is governed by the information handling practices of the Personal information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Every New Dawn Homecare employee, front-line and administrative staff, MUST understand their responsibilities for confidentiality and privacy and comply with New Dawn Homecare’s standards as a condition of hire and ongoing employment.
- New Dawn Homecare assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control, including any personal information that has been transferred to a third party for regulatory, legal or processing purposes. New Dawn Homecare will require a comparable level of protection of this information from its third party relations. This organization has appointed Sabrina Vatcher, Director of Healthcare, as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- All employees of New Dawn Homecare are responsible for implementing this policy.
- The Director of Healthcare, or their designate, is responsible for reviewing this policy with all New Dawn Homecare employees at the time of hire and for witnessing and retaining in the employee file:
- For front-line staff: the “Privacy, Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement”.
- The Director, or their designate, is also responsible for the training and monitoring of employee privacy practices as it applies to clients, employee and proprietary information.
- New Dawn Homecare obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how New Dawn Homecare uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. New Dawn Homecare will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other. New Dawn Homecare will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- Under no circumstances will New Dawn Homecare sell, distribute, or otherwise disclose personal information or contact lists to third parties.
- New Dawn Homecare limits the amount and type of personal information it collects to that which is necessary for the business of the service provider and as permitted by law. Personal Information will be collected using procedures that are fair, transparent and lawful.
- New Dawn Homecare will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required (i.e. 3 years after the last day of service), it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- New Dawn Homecare vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. New Dawn Homecare maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files.
- Information is found in many different formats at New Dawn Homecare, due to the nature of our work. Your information is stored electronically, in paper files and in the knowledge of our staff.
- New Dawn Homecare shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information will be kept accurate, complete and up to date. Individuals may challenge the accuracy and completeness of personal information about them and have it amended, as appropriate.
- New Dawn Homecare will make its policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information available to its clients. New Dawn Homecare will keep its clients informed of these policies and practices and clients shall be provided access to all related policies and procedures via our web page and bill inserts. The information will be available in a format that is easy to understand.
- In most instances, New Dawn Homecare will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify New Dawn Homecare as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should New Dawn Homecare deny an individual's request for access to his/her personal information, New Dawn Homecare will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- New Dawn Homecare may use personal information without the individual's consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- New Dawn Homecare is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.